Monday, June 29, 2009

Self Introduction (Dr. Charles Hancock)

June 29

Ne-hao. Wo jiao Hancock laoshi. I am happy to have an opportunity to work with each of you as 2009 WTOSP students when you come to The Ohio State University in the near future. As a faculty member in the College of Education and Human Ecology, I have served on the faculty in the School of Teaching and Learning since 1986. Also, I taught at Wuhan University in Building 5 in the summers of 2004 and 2007. I am also an Associate Dean in our college at OSU. In 2008, I taught the summer students a lesson on multiple intelligences and had fun sharing views about how to become smart, clever, & intelligent as an example of an OSU college lecture. I want to teach the same topic this summer and engage all the students in a debate about what makes the biggest impact on a person's intelligence, heredity or hard work? I am looking forward to having fun sharing my knowledge with all the Wuhan University students and giving you an opportunity to experience being in a U.S. American classroom with a faculty member. On the fun side, when I am not at work, I enjoy diggning in my garden growing flowers and vegetables. Of course, it is good to see and eat the produce, too. :) My hope is that you, as Wuhan University students, will experience U.S. American culture while in the U.S. and that your experience will help you become ambassadors who build bridges between the U.S. and China. Zai jian. Heping.

Professor Hancock

1 comment: