Sunday, June 28, 2009

WTOSP Manager, Assistants, and Roads Scholar


































I will begin the brief introductions on the blog by introducing myself and my assistants for the Wuhan To Ohio Summer Program.  My name is Mike Lohre and I am 43 years old.  I have my Masters Degrees in English, Poetry, and Fiction, and I also minored in English as a Second Language for my first Masters Degree.

I am a published poet and fiction writer, and I also really enjoy baseball, travel, music, and motorcycling.  I am originally from a farm in Minnesota, but I have lived in Texas, Oklahoma, and now Ohio for the last 14 years.

I taught in the Summer Program in Wuhan, China for two summers in 2006 and 2007 and this was one of the best experiences of my life, and led to my great fondness and respect for all things Wuhan!  I worked as the Roads Scholar in last year's WTOSP, and this year I will manage the program, along with the help of our fearless leader Minru Li, and with the help of the many great people here at OSU.

Pictured here with me on this post are the Program Assistants for this year's WTOSP:  Hans Li, Ming Fang, and Pete Dully.  Hans worked with me last year, and we are glad to have Ming and Pete on the team this year.  I will ask each one of them introduce themselves in a separate post, but I will say that Hans and Ming will be the daily assistants.  Pete will also teach and work with us at Ohio State and on our day trips, and he will be our Roads Scholar and come with us on our trip to the East Coast for the last week of the program. 

We all look forward to seeing you in Ohio, and I will close my post with one goal or wish I have for this year's program:  I want everyone involved in the program to have a wonderful experience, and be safe, happy, and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment