Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shakespeare's The Tempest

First off, I had a fantastic time with you all today. You did very well in the lesson this morning--I liked the way you handled the tasks that included gaps in information without getting frustrated--that's a sign of good problem solvers and clever students. Rock climbing was a lot of fun. I want to remind all of you that I climbed higher than any man in a bow tie has ever climbed at OSU. Lastly, baseball on The Oval was a great opportunity for us to get out and let off a little steam. You played with verve and style--I was happy to be on the diamond with you. I hope we get to play again soon.

I'm writing because I'm going to a play tomorrow night with some of my American college students. It's William Shakespeare's The Tempest. I invited three Chinese students to come with me because I was going to drive my car and I had three open seats. When I asked the students, it became clear to me that several more of you might be interested in joining me: Eddy and Fiona seemed particularly interested, and I wanted them to be able to come. So I decided that if I drove a van, I could take six more Chinese students. I talked with Mike about it, and he said that it sounded like a great idea, but he was wondering when you'd get your assignments done. So here's what I propose:
1). I will take the first six people who reply to this blog post. You have to reply yourself--you can't reply for other people.
2). I will only take you if you agree to write a blog post about the play after you get back. It's an important work of English literature and I'd like to read your responses. You can write about the acting, the language, the characters, the plot--whatever you like.

So I will pick you up in the van at Morrison Tower at 7pm sharp--if you are late, I will leave without you, because I'm meeting other students there. The play is outdoors, in the open air, so dress warmly. You should eat dinner before I pick you up, but you should bring snacks if you want them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

11 comments:

  1. I want to go with you,I've never seen any original english play before~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you mean I could go with you,Pete?haha~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO! Pete! I want to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and Cathy want to go there too

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK--so that's Christine, Alice and Zoe. I have three spots--I can't tell if Fiona wants to go from her response, and Cathy needs to post for herself if she wants to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I still had the chance.--Leo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~~yes,I want go with you...but now I lost the chance? oh~~I am so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm Cathy~ and i would like to go with you~!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so disappointed for being late...-_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK--so that's Leo, Fiona and Cathy for the last three spots. Eddy can be my co-pilot. I'll see you all at Morrison at 7pm. Don't be late and make sure you bring warm clothes.

    ReplyDelete