Monday, July 13, 2009

Wow


Now I can see what you've been doing while you've been having a hard time sleeping. I've had a chance to talk to most of you one-on-one, but it was helpful to have everyone's name and interests in one place so that I can understand more about your backgrounds and interests. The first couple of days of the trip have seemed like a whirlwind so far--it's a big adjustment for all of us. So far, everything has gone smoothly and you seem to be settling into American life just fine. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help--as I've told some of you, for me, the answer is "Yes"--all you've got to do is ask the question.

I enjoyed the zoo yesterday; it had been a long time since I visited. One of the best things about traveling with you is that you ask me questions I don't anticipate. I also find myself looking at things in ways I'm not accustomed to: an example would be that I noticed how many Americans have tattoos while we were walking around yesterday. I'm going to level with you: I don't usually drive a van or take Chinese students to the zoo, so it's a new experience for me, too. I think my favorite part was the flying foxes--I'd never seen bats that big before. Usually, when I see bats, it's getting dark and they're flying around eating mosquitoes, so I can't study them closely. At the zoo, they were still and close-by. I noticed that their faces looked a little like my cat, Six.

Best,
Pete

1 comment:

  1. Pete, love reading your blog. You have been so nice to us all since your first visit to Wuhan. We enjoyed your accompany travelling in the zoo, so we are happy to know you feel the same way. And I guess some of the unexpected questions were from me, haha...;)

    ReplyDelete